Friday 15 January 2016

First Survivor of 2016- Daisy!

Right, so fresh from the big "this is what I am going to do post", I have actually managed to sit down and paint something!

The first survivor of the year comes from RN estudio, from their Indiegogo campaign I backed about a year ago (here). In fact, the figures are available for sale now I see.

I have to admit, this is the second (maybe third) time I have attempted to paint her, the first time I hadn't done enough prep work on the resin and the paint refused to adhere- my usual cleaning method for resin clearly hadn't worked out at all. I threw her into the "too hard" pile, where she sat for a good couple of months. It was only as I was trying to clear my painting table (unsuccessfully I might add), that I came across her again.

And while I was working on this month's terrain piece (more on that in the next day or two), I wanted something small which I could use to distract myself from the larger blocks of painting- which she was perfect for! Couple that with some inspiration from the latest Star Wars movie, you have Daisy (obviously named for Daisy Ridley, and her character Rey):




Not a bad way to ease into the new year! She is a bit less dark in person, I am just struggling a little sorting out lighting. Clearly I just need to finish more survivors, and get more practice, right?

Update on the terrain for January coming soon, hopefully the weather clears up for me to progress it....

CP

2 comments: